I REP KC!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally! A place for Artists, DeeJays, Managers, Designers, etc. To Network!!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

VOTE IREPKC RADIO FOR WEEK 4
CLICK HERE
Navigation
 Portal
 Home
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
iREPKC on Twitter
Latest topics
» New Nigga on the Turf
Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ] EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 4:36 pm by 573Nigga

» Any good, slightly-older World War 2 or Sci Fi computer games?
Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ] EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 8:19 am by JashimChando

» Can you recommend some good Sci-Fi games for me?
Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ] EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 8:19 am by JashimChando

» Any underground artists looking for promotion or a dj?
Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ] EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:28 am by youngfatha

» whats up with the NEW RADIO LIST please!!!
Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ] EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 5:41 pm by GETMONEYCLICK

» LA France "Flavor" feat. Bayno & Petey Sensay new VIDEO!
Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ] EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 4:44 am by LA France

» Die Hard Ent Presents
Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ] EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:56 am by Young Sixx

» Why do you Rap???? [rappers answer]
Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ] EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:41 pm by JayK

» JAY-K ; I GOT BEATS , VERSES , WHATEVER WHAT UP ??? x )`
Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ] EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:18 pm by JayK

Advertise!!
Photobucket

Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
IREPKC
Admin
IREPKC

Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ] Empty
PostSubject: Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ]   Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ] EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 5:15 pm

The Kansas City Chiefs have told Larry Johnson to stay away from the team pending a probe into his use of a gay slur, the same day Johnson issued an apology for using the word in a Twitter posting and out loud with reporters on Monday.

The Chiefs have told Johnson to stay away from practice and "other team activities" until a review of the incident by the team and the league is complete, the team said Tuesday.

Johnson's agent, Peter Schaffer, said it would be inaccurate to describe the Chiefs' move as a suspension. He said the Chiefs told Johnson to go home Tuesday while they were looking into the situation.

"It's the bye week, so there is no urgency," Schaffer said. "I have not been told of a suspension."

In a statement issued by Schaffer, the two-time Pro Bowl running back apologized to the league and commissioner Roger Goodell, to coach Todd Haley and to his teammates for using the slur on Twitter and as he told reporters to leave him alone.

"I regret my actions. The words were used by me in frustration, and they were not appropriate," Johnson said. "I did not intend to offend anyone, but that is no excuse for what I said.

"I also want to apologize to all the kids who view athletes as role models. I was not a good role model yesterday and hopefully I can become a better role model."

Tuesday, the Chiefs said they and the NFL are continuing to investigate Johnson's alleged comments.

"Until that review is complete, the Chiefs have instructed Larry to refrain from practicing with the Chiefs or participating in other team activities," the team said in a statement. "A decision regarding Larry's status will be made once the investigation has concluded."

Jarrett Barrios, president of the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, called on the NFL and the Chiefs to take disciplinary action against Johnson and seize a chance to educate "on the dangers of homophobia in sports."

Such slurs are used to "ridicule and harass young gay and transgender athletes on local sports fields across America," Barrios said.

"Professional athletes who use this word need to be held accountable for giving a license to youth to bully their peers," said Barrios.

Johnson refused to speak with reporters Monday, a day after the Chiefs' 37-7 home loss to the San Diego Chargers. Sitting in front of his locker, he turned away and muttered the slur in telling reporters to get "out of here," according to the Kansas City Star, which recorded the comment.

On Sunday, Johnson belittled Haley on Twitter in a series of posts that also included the same gay slur.

The tweets were posted to the "Toonicon" account, an online alias the Star reported Johnson has said is his. The account includes a link to Johnson's personal Web site. Chiefs spokesman Bob Moore said the team could not verify that is Johnson's account.

The Twitter remarks were posted after San Diego routed the Chiefs (1-6).

One tweet read: "My father got more creditentials than most of these pro coaches." That was followed by: "My father played for the coach from "rememeber the titans". Our coach played golf. My father played for redskins briefley. Our coach. Nuthn."

Haley, hired earlier this year to replace the fired Herm Edwards, did not play high school or college football and attended college on a golf scholarship. He did not enter coaching until he was in his 20s. He was hired as Kansas City's head coach after serving as offensive coordinator for the Arizona Cardinals in their Super Bowl run last year. His father, Dick Haley, is one of the NFL's most distinguished scouts and personnel men, having helped build the Steelers dynasty in the 1970s.

The tweets drew responses, including one that referred to a nightclub incident in which Johnson was accused of spitting in someone's face.

Johnson's response included a three-letter gay slur. The final post read: "Make me regret it. Lmao. U don't stop my checks. Lmao. So 'tweet' away."

Johnson's account since has been made private.

A two-time Pro Bowler, Johnson was benched for three games by Edwards last year for an unspecified violation of team rules. Goodell suspended him for the fourth game for violating the league's player conduct policy in connection with incidents involving two women in bars.

Johnson then was sentenced to two years' probation after pleading guilty to two counts of disturbing the peace. One woman accused him of throwing a drink on her and another said he had pushed her head at a Kansas City night spot.

A judge earlier this year suspended the sentence and said he would remove the guilty plea from the public record if Johnson finished the probation period without further incidents.

Johnson was one of the best running backs in the NFL in 2005 and '06, rushing for more than 1,700 yards in each season. In 2006, he set an NFL record with 410 carries, but his production fell to 559 yards the following season after he sat out training camp in a contract dispute.

Information from The Associated Press and ESPN.com AFC West blogger Bill Williamson was used in this report.
Back to top Go down
http://www.irepkc.com
KcBlaze Productions
Aspiring Talent
Aspiring Talent
KcBlaze Productions

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ]   Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ] EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 10:32 am

Larry Johnson is just a bum he just throwing away his career like fa real i wish the trade deadline wasn't up cause we could get somebody useful for LJ
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kcblazeproductions
DZYNEZ MEDIA
Admin
DZYNEZ MEDIA

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ]   Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ] EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 10:51 am

right.. he has sucked since the new contract.. and im not even a chiefs fan,.. just sayin
Back to top Go down
http://www.dzynez.com
KcBlaze Productions
Aspiring Talent
Aspiring Talent
KcBlaze Productions

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ]   Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ] EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 10:53 am

See i still got love for the chiefs not use to us being the laughing stock of the NFL but LJ has to go like quickly....should have been gone last year he has not been productive at all
Back to top Go down
DZYNEZ MEDIA
Admin
DZYNEZ MEDIA

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ]   Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ] EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 10:55 am

damn right.. people down here make a special point in life to laugh at the chiefs lol
Back to top Go down
KcBlaze Productions
Aspiring Talent
Aspiring Talent
KcBlaze Productions

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ]   Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ] EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:00 am

I'm pretty sure "Next Year"....that's all we say when it comes to the chiefs when we don't make the playoffs or have a bad year but as you can see it been like a thousands years since the chiefs went to the big game
Back to top Go down
DZYNEZ MEDIA
Admin
DZYNEZ MEDIA

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ]   Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ] EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:08 am

Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ] Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ]   Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ] Empty

Back to top Go down

Larry Johnson Apoligizes !!! [READ]
Page 1 of 1