I REP KC!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally! A place for Artists, DeeJays, Managers, Designers, etc. To Network!!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

VOTE IREPKC RADIO FOR WEEK 4
CLICK HERE
Navigation
 Portal
 Home
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
iREPKC on Twitter
Latest topics
» New Nigga on the Turf
DMX a MMA Fighter????????? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 4:36 pm by 573Nigga

» Any good, slightly-older World War 2 or Sci Fi computer games?
DMX a MMA Fighter????????? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 8:19 am by JashimChando

» Can you recommend some good Sci-Fi games for me?
DMX a MMA Fighter????????? EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 8:19 am by JashimChando

» Any underground artists looking for promotion or a dj?
DMX a MMA Fighter????????? EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:28 am by youngfatha

» whats up with the NEW RADIO LIST please!!!
DMX a MMA Fighter????????? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 5:41 pm by GETMONEYCLICK

» LA France "Flavor" feat. Bayno & Petey Sensay new VIDEO!
DMX a MMA Fighter????????? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 4:44 am by LA France

» Die Hard Ent Presents
DMX a MMA Fighter????????? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:56 am by Young Sixx

» Why do you Rap???? [rappers answer]
DMX a MMA Fighter????????? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:41 pm by JayK

» JAY-K ; I GOT BEATS , VERSES , WHATEVER WHAT UP ??? x )`
DMX a MMA Fighter????????? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 5:18 pm by JayK

Advertise!!
Photobucket

DMX a MMA Fighter?????????

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DZYNEZ MEDIA
Admin
DZYNEZ MEDIA

DMX a MMA Fighter????????? Empty
PostSubject: DMX a MMA Fighter?????????   DMX a MMA Fighter????????? EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 4:14 pm

DMX has confirmed recent reports that he will be heading to the ring this holiday season to participate in the upcoming Alabama Pride martial arts match-up against fighter Eric Martinez.

According to X, he feels no pressure or need to physically prepare for the event.

"We got a phone call asking if I wanted to participate in it," X said about how the opportunity presented itself. "I'm just gonna walk in as it is man, you know what I mean? It wouldn't be fair if I trained. I think it's three two-minute rounds...[My opponent] is shorter than me and I think he weighs a little more than me. I'm 175, six feet. I got a little build on me, you know what I'm saying? I've seen him, yeah I've seen him. He's a nice guy -- when I agreed to it, I didn't know it was gonna be him...I'm going to pick one of my own songs [to walk out with.] 'What's My Name.' I'm in the studio everyday banging joints out -- I got the pens and the paper. [New album] hopefully first quarter." (106.7 The Fan)

Reports landed online late last month which had X headlined for the forthcoming fight.

Thunder Promotions recently announced that Alabama Pride: Butterbean vs. Tank Abbott is set to take place on December 12 at the Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex in Birmingham, Alabama. Headlining the event is a heavyweight match-up between Butterbean and Tank Abbott. Thunder Promotions also announced is a celebrity fight between co-headliners rapper DMX and musician Eric Martinez. (MMA Waves)

X will be facing off against undefeated fighter Martinez.

The rapper will make his MMA debut at Alabama Pride from the fine people who brought congenital amputee, Kyle Bradley's, first MMA fight. DMX will fight Eric Martinez (1-0). The event is scheduled for December 12th in Birmingham, Alabama. (The Rumble)

Despite the rapper's past drug problems, there will reportedly be no health tests adminstered prior to the match.

Nothing screams freak show fights like a celebrity bout. DMX, the rapper who once was a part of Ruff Ryders, has become better known for his run-ins with the law than his musical talents. Cocaine and marijuana possession, theft, animal cruelty, criminal weapon possession, DUI, parole violations and giving a false name at a hospital are all part of his past. The good news for DMX is that MMA is not regulated in Alabama, which is why freak show fights like this can happen. Drug testing is usually under the control of the state regulatory commissions, so DMX will most likely not have to take a drug test. (Yahoo Sports)

Check out DMX speaking on the forthcoming event below: